Blind dating is a pleasant experience. You should really try to do it even once in your lifetime. The thing that makes blind dates truly exciting is the fact that you have never known or even seen your date before. Everything is surprising because you can finally meet. But of course, blind dates can be very stressful when you prepare someone you don’t know. So to help make things easier and blind dates really fun and enjoyable for you, here are some practical tips that you can use.
1. Make sure you trust those who have set up the blind date – As a woman, your number one priority must be your safety. Although the risk here of not knowing who you’ll date should be fun, you should have the assurance at least that the person is not a psycho or a person who can potentially put you in grave danger. At least someone else whom you trust must really know your blind date, have his details and contact info so they can get in touch with him if anything happens during the date.
2. Put on comfortable yet stylish clothes – Try to strike a balance between wearing clothes that are fashionably comfortable for you. The last thing you want to experience is looking like you’re having some wardrobe problems because it can affect the way you interact with your date. You can end up looking awkward or even looking like you don’t feel good during the date and the guy might think it’s him that you’re not feeling at the moment. You should also carefully consider the clothes that you are wearing especially according to the time when you’re going out and where you’ll be spending the time with your date. Dress for the occasion and don’t overdo …Continue reading »
Esquire magazine runs an enlightening column every month in its print issue, putting a female celebrity in the spotlight and asking them to answer that eternal question: What do most men not know about women?
The list is extensive and the answers are varied, but for the best results in your dating career, file these five rules to memory.
1. Too many compliments spoil the broth. Girls love getting compliments. They do. They don’t spend hours getting ready for nothing. A well chosen compliment goes a long way. However, there are benefits in restraint. Showering her with compliments, even though you mean it, will dilute the impact. She might even begin to think that you have ulterior motives, or worse, guilty of something. At which point, paranoia creeps in.
2. Women dress to impress other women. Remember that when you’re tempted to ask her about her uncomfortable looking babydoll-and-leggings combination. She won’t be impressed by any snide comments, especially if her girlfriends think she looks fab. Instead, tell her she looks very trendy. It’ll score you points or it’ll make you sound gay. And if it’s the latter, then you can always prove her otherwise, right?
3. Selective hearing. All the nice things you’ve said about her will be wiped out by a single negative remark. Praise and flattery are background noise, but she’ll zero in on a criticism like a shark to chum. And she’ll remember it for life, bringing it up months from now. So lads, even if you don’t have anything nice to say, say something nice.
4. Never trust a woman without girlfriends. If she’s managed to pissed off and alienate all of her female friends, what chance do you stand? You might think that her reduced requirement for girly time and shopping excursions might mean …Continue reading »
The guy who divorces his wife, gets a hot girlfriend and buys a red Corvette is a hoary but oft repeated stereotype of a man going through a midlife crisis. It’s unclear what comes first, the girlfriend or the sports car but that doesn’t really matter. I work with men going through mid life transitions and to my knowledge, not one of them owns a sports car. My ideal client is the guy who is a little afraid to ask for directions but he can do it. Hardly typical, I know.
Just about every man goes through some kind of mid life transition between the ages of 35 and 50. What they get out of it is entirely up to them but when they go through it is not often their choice. A mid life transition can be as gentle as feeling a little uncomfortable to a full blown identity crisis.
Let’s start with the full blown identity crisis shall we? A surprising number of men I work with claim that they do not feel like men at all. They feel like boys dressed in men’s clothing who act like men and who talk like they think men should talk. Somehow the line between childhood and being all grown up was never traversed. Men in this predicament have a very profound fear that they are going to be found out and exposed, as if someone will rip off their mask and find the scared boy masquerading in a suit and tie.
At some point these men/boys get fed up pretending and want to get real. The only problem is that they have been pretending so long, they have no idea how to be real or how to be a man. Typically, before they stop to ask for help they medicate …Continue reading »
Yes, we usually open books for almost all women around. Or so we let you think;) Seriously, there are usually a few things you can know about us just by glancing at us, but there are SOME secrets that we keep among ourselves, especially when it comes to relationships. Despite the sheer number, here are 7 “secrets” that make a woman very attractive to us.
1. Intelligence: Perhaps the number one misconception is that all men look for girls who are stupid and easy to lie. Indeed, sometimes we are what we are looking for, depending on the opportunity (we are not looking for a wife at the club.) However, what we are really looking for 90% of the time is women who are intellectual matches with which we can talk (talk ?! !?) Yes you read that correctly, we really want you to be smart, it can even be on if you are smarter than us. Just don’t let anyone know we said that!
2. Personality: “He has a great personality” is the guy’s code for “He’s ugly but …” That’s true, but in reality we want you to have a great personality; it completes the package. Just like you want a man who makes you laugh, we want a girl we can laugh with.
3. Not Going to Sports: An 8 hour potato with a bag of Doritos in one hand and beer in the other is a stereotype that is overused. Sure, some of us like soccer, baseball, or F1, but many of us don’t like sports as a whole. If you don’t like sports, that’s good for us.
4. Seen: Megan Fox, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie; it is widely regarded as the symbol of a perfect woman. Although it’s hard to deny that women …Continue reading »
At one point or another, all men will make a dating mistake with a woman. And this is natural. The trick to manage and keep all mistakes to a minimum. But for some men, this is harder than rocket science. Much harder.
So in this article, you’ll discover the most commonly made dating mistakes men make when meeting a woman, and how you can prevent these mistakes from happening before she walks out of your life forever. Let’s take a look at mistake number 1.
1) FLAUNTING YOUR MONEY
Look don’t get me wrong. Money is cool. Everyone could use more money right? And a woman who has a man could only benefit from having more money and things in her life right? Well, that’s a two-way street, but the main point here is that you shouldn’t do this.
You can’t buy a woman. Period. And, you can buy her love. And although some women find a man with money more attractive than a man who doesn’t, you can’t expect a woman to come running to you just because you pull out a stack of bills from your pocket.
The best thing you can do for yourself when it comes to attracting and keeping a woman is to get her to like you. If you can’t do this, then you will be looking in hindsight at how much money you shelled out on dinners, flowers, movies, pets, etc every month, trying to impress a woman. And if this upsets you, then it should!
Did you ever come to think about if she ever reaches a point in her life where she doesn’t care about money anymore? What if she reaches that plateau where she just wants happiness and money is just something along by the wayside? Then what? Then what …Continue reading »