something enviable about couples who’ve found each other and are enjoying all
the benefits of a long-term relationship. It’s an idea most people aspire to, yet relationships can be a minefield,
causing all kinds of distress and heartbreak on your way to finding Mr. or Ms.
Right. If you’re single and would like to find your soul mate, is there
anything you can do to improve your prospects? The good news is there are
actually quite a few ways you can help yourself find your perfect match.
- Be true to yourself. If you pretend to be something you’re not, you won’t find the right person because you’ll be projecting a false image of who you are and what you’re like. You may get dates, but they probably won’t be with people who are going to be a good match in the long term.
- Knock off the rough edges. This might sound contradictory to point one, but it isn’t. You don’t need to change who you are to make yourself more appealing, but you might want to consider whether some of your bad habits could take the shine off for a prospective mate. Personal hygiene is also a key attribute in the dating game, so pay your dental hygienist a visit and make sure you’re always clean.
- Be open to possibilities. The romantic ideal is to be swept off your feet or bowled over by some enchanting stranger and fall madly in love like in a Hollywood movie. However, it very often happens that the most rewarding and enduring relationships are formed between people who start off as friends, with romance developing over time.
- Make an effort. One thing’s for sure; you won’t find anyone by staying in all the time and not making an effort to get out
… Continue reading »
1. You’ve moved on from the dating scene
If the whole dating scene feels like something from another life, you’re ready for the next big thing. Some people have a miserable time dating, others love it. But at the point where it seems over for you, take it as a sign that you’re ready to get married. A comedian once said he realised that he only ever went out in the first place, to find someone to stay in with.
2. You’ve stopped looking
You realise that whereas with other dates, you had half an eye on who else was around, you’ve stopped doing that. You’re not constantly scrutinising people as potential dates or partners, or wondering if the perfect person is really out there. The relationship people, Relate, have a good summary of the pitfalls of online dating – https://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-help/help-relationships/being-single-and-dating/pitfalls-dating. If that strikes a chord, it’s another sign you’re ready for marriage.
That settled feeling is because you’ve found what you were looking for and are ready to move on with your life.
3. You won’t feel insecure
If you’re ready to marry, you’ll feel secure. You won’t be jealous, or worried about the person finding someone else, because they’ll make it clear that you’re the most important thing in their life. And that’s an important step on the path that ends up with both of you looking at diamond engagement rings https://www.comparethediamond.com/diamond-engagement-rings.
4. You won’t need to play games any more
Dating can feel like a battlefield, or a test of resilience. There is so much games playing and insincerity in the dating game, as well as one upmanship, pretence, and sometimes plain lying. One of the key signs that you’re past all that, is you don’t need to play any of … Continue reading »