Blind dates are thrilling and nerve-wracking at the same time. There are a few dos and don’ts every guy should keep in mind before they meet someone for the first time.
Here are :
- Don’t spend the whole night talking about the couple or person who set you up.
- For example, don’t say: “So, Brenda is hot, huh?” or something that he doesn’t want to answer or that doesn’t lead to a conversation about him.
- Do bring up the person who introduced you or set you up as a way to create a common interest, such as saying something like this:
- “Brenda told me you met playing volleyball. Do you play any other sports?”
- If you say something else along those lines, it mentions your mutual acquaintance in a way that stimulates further conversation between you.
- Don’t have her over to your place for dinner on that first blind date. If the date is a dud, you are both stuck and it is awkward and uncomfortable.
- Do meet at a public place, but not for dinner.
- Meet for coffee or a drink at a place that isn’t so loud you can’t have a decent conversation and get to know one another.
- Don’t talk about past relationships on your first date.
- Don’t tell her how your last girlfriend cheated on you or she was boring so you left her or how you still have a broken heart from your high school sweetheart. Save any of that for much later if you get into a relationship with the woman.
- Do talk about how you are in relationships if it comes up.
- You might say that you don’t date much because when you find someone you like she usually becomes your long-term girlfriend or that you aren’t into dating exclusively because you just